February 8, 2012

How Laundry Day Quickly Became A Jonah Day...

Oh, how quickly a day can change! I had laundry going, Liam was having quiet time, Ian Michael was napping, and Aidan and I were just sitting down to preschool when I hear Ian fussing in his room. I walk in just in time to get thrown up on. A whole lot of throw up to be exact. Poor baby boy! He has never really been sick before, so it threw us all for a loop! I spent the rest of the morning and in to the afternoon washing loads and loads of sick baby stuff. I can't stand seeing one of my babies not feeling well...I wish I could just snap my fingers and take it all away! I imagine that's how God feels when He sees one of His kids hurting, sad, sick, worried. He wants us to come to Him just as a little baby comes to Mommy when he doesn't feel well. He wants us to lay our head on His knees and rest in Him...knowing He can make it all better. I am so thankful that when I am worried about one of my babies and I feel overwhelmed by life, I can crawl up on my Heavenly Father's knees and know that it's going to be ok! Thankfully, my little Ian Michael seems better today and is a hungry little lad! I am so glad that today is fresh and new. His mercies are new each morning and I am renewed each morning too! So, with the smell of bleach forever in my nose, I am folding and putting away lots of laundry and watching my little guys squeal and play. There isn't much better than that!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, poor baby. Glad that he's better today--I hope that no one else catches it!

    ReplyDelete