March 2, 2012

Northern Indiana Center for History

Last week, I ventured out with the boys to the Center for History. I had heard there was a wonderful pretend play area, so we had to check it out. It was AWESOME! They had recreated Potawatomi Village complete with a wigwam, canoe, stable, Pierre Navarre's cabin, a covered wagon, and lots more. Everything is made for children to touch and explore. The boys completely loved it and so did I! Brad and I took the boys to Shedd Aquarium during the summer and I must say, Center for History's pretend play area far outshined the pretend play place at the Shedd. It was so much fun and with my library pass, it was FREE! We will most definitely be going back to pretend and play again soon.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Emily, you would have LOVED it!!! It was awesome. Liam loved climbing in and out of the covered wagon. Aidan loved going "fishing" in the pretend pond and cooking his fish over an open fire. It was the neatest thing I have done with the boys in SB so far. They offer a free art class on Wednesdays that I am going to take Aidan to also. I love that with my library pass it is free!

      Delete