August 21, 2012

Shame on Me!!!!

So, I haven't made a blog post since March. MARCH!!! Not acceptable...completely NOT. With facebook so easily accessible from my smart phone, if something interesting happens, I post it! However, facebook does not allow me to use my creative juices and pen details about our days, homeschooling, or other things that are flowing around my brain. I will TRY (try being the key word), to blog at least once a week. I found that it was good for me to put my thoughts out there however insignificant they may be at the time.

Lots of things have happened since March! I have a now 5 year old boy who is officially beginning K5 on September 4th. He will be going to the Skeens Academy, where personal attention is just a call away. :) I am beyond excited to begin this journey with my little guy. God has been so good to our family in setting the foundation and opening the doors for me to be able to educate our son in the best environment I believe, possible. He will have lots of opportunities to socialize (he is taking a music class at Covenant Christian once a week), he will also be taking drum lessons, and we are looking in to a sport for the fall as well. At our co-op's Back to School Night, he saw a booth for Irish Aquatics and that sparked his interest. Learning at home is so natural to Aidan because we have been doing structured and unstructured learning since he was 3 years old. He loves to learn and I love to teach so we make a great pair! I will probably make a post in the near future about why my husband and I have made the decision to educate at home. Some understand it and support our decision, others look at me like I'm some weird, control freak mother who can't let my child out of my sight and who is completely afraid of the "evil's of the public school system". Both could not be farther from the truth. But, that's for another day, another time. Today, I am BLESSED and thankful for the learning opportunities God blesses Aidan and I with. I am so thankful for this unique opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment